6/25/2009

CMA Western National Rally trip - June 09

A group of motorcyclists spent a week travelling in New Mexico and Colorado, prior to attending the Christian Motorcyclist Association Western National Rally in Chama, NM.

Bus with bikes

Mesa Verde

Wilson Arch, on the way to Arches National Park.

A view of New Mexico

KOA cabins

We rented jeeps and drove over some of the jeep trails near Ouray, CO.

Engineer Pass.

Jeep

California Pass

Our Leader and his son

The two young men that went with us

See the bike going down the mountain (just right of the middle)?

Steam train at Chama, NM

Trujillo Meadows Reservoir near Chama

Campground at the Rally

Meeting at the Rally

7 comments:

jessica v. said...

Those are great! Thanks for posting photographs. Is that you on the tiny bike going down the mountain?

Juliet said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun!!

Pa said...

It was fun. One of those things where it seems like a good idea, then more trouble than it's worth, then finally turns out better than expected.
I'm glad I went.
Being there caused me to fondly remember many of our family vacation and ski trips to NM and CO.

Pa said...

No, that's Thomas and Richard. On Don's bike. (Thomas' bike broke right before the trip, and his friend since 2nd grade, Don, loaned him his.)

I think you & Mark would enjoy riding in Colorado.

Jenny said...

WOW! lots of great, scenic shots!

who build the 'rock man' next to the stream at Trujillo Meadows Reservoir??

Pa said...

Who do you think??!!
(Let's just say it wasn't there when I arrived... :)

jessica v. said...

I thought that was probably the case, too...

I think Mark would really like Colorado, especially riding in it...